Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Something Old

Here is the first post in the super awesome blog week (see post below for more info!)

I'm blogging at work today, so sadly I am without amazing photos such as the ones on Dingmoonment. And I'm not doing an amazing thesis right now so am lacking gorgeous poems like the one over here on Female Husband.

But I do have this:
That is an Elvis impersonator. THE Elvis impersonator that married my parents thanks to a wonderful little place called Viva Las Vegas Weddings. That is right-- my parents (well Father and Step-Mother but I just call them the Parentals), were married in the Doo Wop Diner and serenaded by a stellar Elvis two years ago-- which isn't that old, but it is what I have to work with.

Both of the parentals have been married before, so they decided a fun elopement style wedding in Vegas would be great. And it was! It fit both of them perfectly! And they did the deed on Valentine's Day-- to make it that much more kitchy. They then had a celebration of the wedding in our town. This blessing of the marriage is what inspired Deb's and I to possibly go and get legally married elsewhere and come back for a celebration when we return. For my parentals, both ceremonies were beautiful in their own way. No matter what we decided, I hope ours will be too.

These two are perfect for each other and even two years later, they still act like newlyweds (even if it does gross me out to the slightest degree).

So that is what I have for the old-- I'll have to plan something great for "The New"

No comments: