Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's A Color Meltdown

I am in full-tilt stress annihilation right now.

This happens to me every few days when I start thinking about the colors for our wedding.
We've decided the colors are a deep blue, a sage to bright green, and a nice eggplanty purple.

I would try to find these colors for you on the internets, but I'm afraid they may only exist (and may only look good) in my mind.

Mind you, this color choice was decided upon after an influx of bridal magazines. Each one showing me a perfect theme, and a perfect color palette. I think I dreamed a different color every few minutes.

This part. This nit-picky part of weddings, I LOVE! It usually is so great! But when I start to think of the logistics, my eyes start doing that thing where they move back forth really fast and then I get a headache. For instance, BRizzle, the jackie of all trades who accompanied me to the bridal show, asked if D and I's bouquets would be the same.

I had no clue. I still have no clue. Am I supposed to decide on this? The flowers are my big thing. I'm a little bit of a flower snob, I must admit. For instance, I pick the baby's breath out of floral arrangements and ask for wax flowers when I order flowers for delivery because I really do think they are THAT.TACKY. So, flowers to me is like the cake to D.

BUT, the good things that now we have finally chosen a color-- i can freakishly obsess about finding the cheapest, coolest, most coordinating invitations known to mankind.

Etsy-- here i come.

1 comment:

linda said...

hi M.G.!

congrats on your wedding, I'm very excited for you. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult (and exciting!) it was to pick colors for the event...my partner and I will probably never be able to agree.

i just wanted to let you know that i've been reading your blog for a few weeks and find it really inspiring. s and I are not quite ready for the marriage plunge yet (lots of family business to be worked out) and its wonderful to read about your adventures.

i've recently begun designing wedding invites, and would love to work with you. one of my favorite things is designing something completely amazing that comes in under budget :)

anyway, visit my website if you'd like to know a little more about me!