Friday, May 22, 2009

Need a little break?

So Monday is Memorial Day! How about that! With school dwindling down in Texas, all I can think of is summer vacation. And when I think of summer vacation, or any kind of getaway I close my eyes and think of a lazy day at RiverBarnSuites.

This is the header from the website. You should go check it out. This place makes me smile just looking at it!

I don't know how many readers live in Texas, but if you do and you are looking for a wonderful escape, check it out. D and I found it last year for our respective spring breaks (the joys of teaching!). D and I are both giant Anglophiles and love the idea of Bed & Breakfasts. It was really important to me to find a B&B where we could go and be a couple and not just have to be 'roommates'. I found this funky little site called PurpleRoofs which has a compilation of gay friendly and gay and lesbian owned B&Bs that advertise on the site. If you are ever going on a vacation-- check out that site. It is pretty awesome.

Anyway, we spent 6 days at River Barn last year(named for the fact that it was once an old barn that the owner renovated into these sweet suites.) Now, any time either of us are stressed out we just close are eyes and think of relaxing time we had there. We spent 6 days reading, lounging, playing board games, taking hikes, fishing on the San Marcos and watching the river run by. It was heaven.
Look at that! Couldn't you sit there all day long?

The rooms are giant and the pricing is good, plus you can almost always find some sort of special. And in the summer, you can float the river! The owner also has fun romance packages and offers dinners as well... and dang, she is good cook. And *now* she has river front cabins available for rent as well (something we are eager to check out this summer!).

What are you waiting for? Go check it out!

No comments: