Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It is 11:35pm, do you know where your bloggers are?

I am wide awake and watching TV. We have just completed a preliminary guest list, and we are looking at roughly 150-175 guests, which I think is bigger than we want? Our meeting with the venue is tomorrow early a.m.

I can't sleep. I think it is a combination of excitement and some new medication I'm on. You see, el doctor and el fiancee are concerned about el chubby (me) getting a little too chubby and falling down the diabetes stairs. A fair concern. Honestly, a serious concern probably, but I don't like to think about it. You see, I started this blog when I was recovering from a pilonidal cyst removal in January. And due to the surgery (and the cysts) I can't really just start exercising more. Basically, I can walk or swim. And basically, my fat-ass isn't going to a public pool in a swimsuit. Call it hubris or pride or whatever, but it ain't happening. So I've started walking (nothing too crazy now) and I'm on a crazy restrictive diet and some meds to kick start my metabolism.

Just so you know 'kick start your metabolism' may or may not be doctor language for 'form of speed'. I've only been on the medication for three days, but I haven't stopped bouncing. Cue the soundtrack from 'Requiem for a Dream'.

Actually, I'm sleeping just fine, but for shorter intervals. I feel totally rested (more rested than before I started taking the meds, strangely). I am excited that this may be what I need to start losing all the weight I gained post surgery and get pack to my 'don't mess with me I may look mushy but I'm pretty scrappy' weight.

On a totall unrelated note-- if I reply to a post, do people who have already commented get notification? This has confuzzled (not a word, I know) me since I started the blog.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

To answer your question, they do if they request to (from what I understand). As far as the sleeping goes... I don't think I've had a decent night sleep since I became engaged... just TOO MUCH to think about! I can only imagine getting the ass-kicking engagement insomnia on speed! Hope you're able to get a good rest soon! And good luck with the venue meeting!